EMPLOYMENT, TRAINING AND BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
This section of the conditional agreement for employment and training covers important topics, such as:
- Kinder Morgan will make job opportunities known to LNIB.
- LNIB would regularly share with Kinder Morgan a list of members who are interested in working, along with a list of their skills.
- Preferential hiring for Indigenous groups, including LNIB, for jobs relating to the Trans Mountain Pipeline System will take place.
- Support for short-term training for a member that needs it to qualify for an available position.
- LNIB and Kinder Morgan will work together to secure additional funding for education and training for LNIB members.
- Contractors working on the project would be bound by the same employment and training conditions as Kinder Morgan.
THE GIST – BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
LNIB and Kinder Morgan would work to maximize contract opportunities for LNIB contractors during construction of the project. If LNIB is not satisfied with the contracting opportunities Kinder Morgan has provided by March 31, 2017, LNIB can walk away from the agreement.